Thursday, July 28, 2011

Farmaesthetics

I get daily emails from a great site called Pure Citizen (they host great deals from eco-conscious companies, with the opportunity to donate some of the money you're saving to a chosen non-profit organization for that product). Recently they teamed up for a sale with an amazing company called Farmaesthetics. Farmaesthetics has the purest ingredients I have ever seen! No preservatives or chemicals whatsoever. For example, here are the ingredients in their Fine Herbal Cleanser: witch hazel, vegetable glycerin, acylglutamate (a natural amino acid derived from sugarcane), geranium essential oil & lavender essential oil. (Disclaimer! I have to point out that not all Farmaesthetic products are vegan; some use honey, beeswax, and/or dried milk, but they do not test on animals.)

I picked up the Fine Herbal Cleanser, the Rosehip & Clay Mint Mask, the Pure Complexion Tonic, and the Nourishing Herbal Cream (which does contain beeswax). I couldn't be more in love with them! Yesterday I tried out my Rosehip & Clay Mint Mask. As suggested on the bottle (which is simple yet adorable by the way!), I mixed a tsp of the mask with a tsp of the Pure Complexion Tonic in my hand, then applied the paste to my face. The two go so well together; it smelled like heaven! The mask was lightly exfoliating, and my skin feels loads better. I think this combo is now a must-have in my life! I love the Fine Herbal Cleanser, too, because it gently and effectively cleans my face without stripping it. The other day, I tried the Nourishing Herbal Cream on my neck and decollate. It took a little while to absorb, but made my skin baby-soft! So, if you're okay with using family farm beeswax (which is supposed to create a layer that holds the moisture in your skin), I'd recommend it!

I have a long wish list of other things I'd love to try! Maybe if I manage to not be lazy, I'll take a picture of my goodies to add later. The owner handwrites the titles on the labels and sends them off to be printed. That added with the glass apothecary bottles and jars make for very attractive and useful bathroom decorations!

No comments: