Sunday, January 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies!

Photobucket

Friday night, my wonderful baby sister, Carolyn, and her husband, Alex, came over for a little late night snack. For one of my Christmas gifts, my mom bought me The Joy of Vegan Baking: The Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets. With the book's help, Care and I whipped up these fantastic whole wheat flour vegan peanut butter cookies (are those enough modifiers to describe one kind of cookie?). They sure went fast! I also tried the recipe a week or so ago, substituting fresh crushed almond butter from the fancy whole foods machine for the peanut butter. OH MY GOODNESS, the aroma was out of this world. The taste? Heaven!

(Please excuse the Fall paper plate leftover from packing Thanksgiving cakes!)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Delicious with a cup of tea!